If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Can be a garnish, side or separate course all on its own —trl
Serves: 2 to 4 depending on how it is used
blood orange or 2 small tangerine (pixie, murcott, etc.)
good flake salt and pepper to taste
tablespoon quality finishing olive oil
- Microplane lemon and orange/tangerine peel. Save for later.
- Cut stalks off of fennel and reserve franz. Cut bulb in half through the root. Slice fennel thin (with a knife or mandoline).
- Cut peel off the blood orange or tangerines (whatever you are using) and segment. Save segments for later.
- Squeeze juice from what remains of the blood orange/tangerine into a bowl. Add sliced fennel, lemon juice, 3/4 tbsp olive oil, pinch of microplaned lemon and orange/tangerine peel, salt and pepper. Toss.
- Dice avocado flesh into large chunks. Place avocado on your serving vessel. Place fennel mixture on top of avocado. Add orange/tangerine segments. Top with salt and fennel franz. Drizzle with remaining 1/4 tbsp olive oil.