If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 1 1/4 cups lentils
- 4 cups water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 4 tablespoons juilienned basil
- 1/2 pound mozzarella, cubed
- 1/2 pound bacon, cooked and chopped
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Pick over the lentils, removing any grit or misshapen lentils, then rinse well. In a saucepan over high heat, combine the water and ½ teaspoon of salt and bring to a boil. Add the lentils, and reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and cook until the lentils are tender but still hold their shape, 20- 25 minutes. Be careful not to overcook. Remove from the heat and drain well. Let cool to room temperature.
- In a bowl, stir together the olive oil, vinegar, ½ teaspoon pepper, shallot, 2 tablespoons of the basil, and all but one-fourth of the bacon. Add the lentils and mix well.
- If serving the lentils on a platter, spoon the lentils first. Then arrange the mozzarella around the edges of the platter. Sprinkle the remaining minced and whole basil leaves and the bacon over the lentils, and serve.