If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A fresh twist on your average muffin, and guilt-free! A combination of greek yogurt and coconut oil keeps the whole wheat muffins moist, and the lime glaze is a perfect finishing touch. This is a small batch recipe that makes 6 muffins, please double for a dozen! For a vegan version, substitute any nut milk and 1 tbsp flaxseed+ 3 tbsp water for the egg. —Josephine C
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup sugar (or 1/4 cup sugar baking substitute like truvia baking blend)
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 tablespoon lime zest
- 2 tablespoons greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil (melted)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
- In a bowl, beat the egg, milk, greek yogurt, coconut extract, lime juice and zest (These items should be room temperature to prevent the melted coconut oil from solidifying). Mix in melted coconut oil.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients. Fill six muffin cups about two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool.
- Mix lime juice and confectioner's sugar to make the glaze. Drizzle the glaze onto cooled muffins and serve!