If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Pierino felt that he owed food52 a clear and concise recipe after the debacle of his minestra. The dish works but the writing was awful, coming directly on the heals of a long flight from Chicago (written on board) and cooked almost al minute. Let's just say corners were cut. But...this is clean and simple. And it's a continuation of the caper discussion. Drbabs, this one is for you and your caper hating life partner. —pierino
ounces best quality smoke salmon (as in wild caught Alaskan)
biggish heirloom tomato
cup salt packed capers (rinsed)
cup red onion, chopped
cracked black pepper
fleur de sel
- Work quickly, but begin by rinsing your capers in cold water.
- Chop the red onion into small bits.
- Slice the tomato and hit with some salt and pepper.
- Carefully slice your avocado into "medallions" and squirt some lemon juice on, which will help them not to darken.
- Arrange your salmon slices on your serving plates, with the tomato; chopped onions and capers on top of salmon. Avocado on the side. Fleur de sel to finish it all up.