If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Wonderful warm combination of San Marzano tomatoes smothered in toast that has been lathered with Parmesan cheese... Quick evening dinner. —CathyBabiarz
- 1- 28 ounce can Whole San Marzano tomatoes- chopped
- 1/2 cup Diced Onions
- 2 Tablespons Olive Oil
- 2 Cloves Chopped Garlic
- 1 tablespoon Dried Oregano
- 1/2 loaf Baguette or French Bread sliced
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 cup Chopped Basil
- Heat oil in sauce pan, add onions and garlic and oregano. When onions are soft add tomatoes. Cook for 10 minutes on medium heat.
- Meantime, place sliced bread on a cookie sheet and bake in 350 degree oven for 10 minutes till toasted
- Place 1/2 of toasted bread in the bottom of a soufflé dish. Sprinkle 1/2 of the Parmesan Cheese over toasts. Cover with 1\2 of the Tomatoes and 1/2 of the basil.Add another layer of toast, cheese and cover with tomatoes and the balance if the basil.
- Cover with foil and bake in 350 degree oven for 40 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Parmesan