Author Notes: Wonderful warm combination of San Marzano tomatoes smothered in toast that has been lathered with Parmesan cheese... Quick evening dinner. —CathyBabiarz
1- 28 ounce can
Whole San Marzano tomatoes- chopped
Baguette or French Bread sliced
- Heat oil in sauce pan, add onions and garlic and oregano. When onions are soft add tomatoes. Cook for 10 minutes on medium heat.
- Meantime, place sliced bread on a cookie sheet and bake in 350 degree oven for 10 minutes till toasted
- Place 1/2 of toasted bread in the bottom of a soufflé dish. Sprinkle 1/2 of the Parmesan Cheese over toasts. Cover with 1\2 of the Tomatoes and 1/2 of the basil.Add another layer of toast, cheese and cover with tomatoes and the balance if the basil.
- Cover with foil and bake in 350 degree oven for 40 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Parmesan