If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I spotted baby turnips at the farmers market and fell in love. This recipe would make Jamie Oliver and Michelle Obama proud — I reconstruct greasy school lunch “vegetable” into a healthier, tasty version with a golden-crust crunch and fun shape that kids will enjoy. —newRDcook
- 4 baby turnips
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons Panko bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons minced mint leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan of boiling water cook turnips 10 minutes and drain. When turnips are cool enough to handle, cut each into wedges.
- In a large skillet cook turnips in butter over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until almost tender and golden on the edges, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in Panko bread crumbs, mint, zest, salt and pepper to taste. Cook, stirring occasionally, until turnips are tender, about 5 minutes. Plate and enjoy!