If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Easy parmesan popovers that can be made with any combination of herbs! I like to use parsley but basil, oregano, or chives would be great also. Tips: All ingredients should be room temperature, the pan should be hot before you pour the batter, and remember not to open the oven door until they are done baking (the popovers will deflate)! Muffin tins work well for this. —Josephine C
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon butter (melted)
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- parsley, basil, oregano, or any herbs (dried or fresh chopped finely)
- oil or melted butter (for greasing the pan)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease muffin tin with oil or melted butter to prevent sticking
- Sift flour, then add eggs, cheese, herbs, melted butter, milk and salt. Using an electric mixer, mix until well blended. Let sit for about 30 min.
- Heat empty muffin tins in the oven for a minute. Next, fill muffin tins less than half way full, then bake for 20-25 minutes until puffed and golden brown. Keep a close eye on the popovers as they brown quickly. If the popovers brown too quickly, turn down the heat to 375 degrees after 10 minutes.
- Let cool and serve!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Parmesan