If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The pink cloud is a pale pink, strawberry-infused mixture of ricotta and mascarpone cheeses. The light color and airy texture made me think of a cloud. —AppleAnnie
- 2 cups halved fresh strawberries
- 1 tablespoon excellent honey
- 2 tablespoons turbinado raw sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon fine balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Meyer lemon juice (or regular lemon juice)
The pink cloud
- 1/4 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup drained juice from the prepared strawberries
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon grated Meyer lemon or regular lemon zest
- Heat honey, raw sugar, and water in microwaveable bowl for about 30 seconds, to soften honey and dissolve sugar.
- Stir in balsamic and lemon juice until well blended.
- Let cool a minute and pour the syrup over the strawberries.
- Refrigerate for a few hours or overnight, until the strawberries have released ¼-1/2 cups of juice
- In a food processor blend ¼-1/3 cup of the strawberry juice with the mascarpone cheese.
- Add the ricotta and vanilla to the mascarpone, and blend just until mixed. Add a little more strawberry juice to get a nice pink tint.
- For each serving, put 1/3 to 1/2 cup of the ricotta mixture in a small dessert bowl, and then spoon an equal amount of sliced strawberries on top.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Fresh Ricotta
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Strawberries