A light and fanciful Spring appetizer.
A light and fanciful Spring appetizer.—Burnt Offerings
Makes: 2 dozen
Mini San Marzano tomatoes, or cherry tomatoes
packets Boursin cheese
bunch Haricot verts
In This Recipe
- Cut the tomatoes, stem side down, into quarters - but only cut 3/4 of the way through. Using a grapefruit spoon or other small scoop, remove the seeds and pulp.
- Select 24 of the longest, straightest haricot verts from the package. Blanch in simmering water for 45 seconds, and immediately plunge into an ice water bath to shock them and stop the cooking process. You want them crisp tender. Remove from the ice water and dry well with a paper towel.
- Take a teaspoon of the Boursin cheese and stuff the open end of the tomato, closing the "petals" of the tulip around the cheese.
- Using a wooden or metal skewer, punch a whole in the bottom of each tomato and insert a green bean for the stem.
- Arrange on platter. You could use long chives the wrap the "stems" together in a bunch if you like.