If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Baked BBQ Chicken with thinly sliced onions, gooey cheddar, applewood smoked bacon, and cherry tomatoes on top of a bed of romaine, tossed in homemade ranch. This is everything you've ever wanted, in salad form. —AndSheCanCook
Heads of romaine lettuce
Large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Slices applewood smoked bacon
onion, thinly sliced
cup halved cherry tomatoes
cup BBQ sauce
cup Shredded cheddar cheese
avocado (totally optional)
Easy Homemade Ranch
packet ranch dressing seasoning (I used Hidden Valley Ranch)
- Make the Ranch Dressing first, or ahead of time. Follow package instructions- simply mix mayo, milk, and ranch seasoning in a bowl and whisk together
- Preheat the oven to 375*F. Spray a rimmed baking dish with cooking oil. Thinly slice the onions and put them in the dish. Then put the three chicken breasts on top of the onions.
- Pour the BBQ sauce over the chicken. Bake for 30 minutes.
- While the chicken in cooking, make the bacon according to package instructions. Fry in a frypan or wide saucepan until crispy, 7-15 minutes over medium heat depending on thickness. When done, put on a plate with a paper towel to dry. Crumble with your fingers when cool, or use a knife to help.
- After 30 minutes, check the chicken for doneness. I usually slice into the thickest part of the breast and if there is any pink in the middle, then it needs to cook for longer. Add the cheese, and put back in the over for another 5-15 minutes, depending on doneness. If you have a meat thermometer, you can use that- make sure the internal temp of the chicken reaches 165*F.
- It's done the the chicken is fully cooked the the cheese is gooey. Let cool in the pan for about 10-15 minutes. Meanwhile, assemble the beds of salad greens and cherry tomatoes.
- Chop the chicken into bite sized pieces. Add a little of the sauce and onions from the pan, and if you like things super tangy, you can add a little more BBQ sauce to the chopped chicken here.
- Top each serving of salad with chicken, sprinkle with crumbled bacon, and drizzle with Ranch. If you have avocado, add a few slices. Enjoy your amazing BBQ Chicken Bacon Ranch Salad!