If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Definitely a crowd pleaser, this different take on a normal pulled pork barbecue is a no-hassle winner! - mtlabor —mtlabor
Food52 Review: This pulled pork is ridiculously simple and so so good. I love the crockpot cooking method -- it works like a charm for pork shoulder. I used organic cola made by Blue Sky (because I couldn't bring myself to use Coke... sorry!) and I highly recommend it. I didn't use the full cup of brown sugar, but felt it was plenty sweet. I served the pulled pork on homemade whole wheat mini-baguettes and it was the perfect Friday night dinner after a busy week. - WinnieAb —The Editors
- 4 pounds pork shoulder
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 1-2 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 bottle hot taco sauce
- 1 can Coke or plain cola
- salt and pepper to taste
- sliced tomatoes, optional
- Place crockpot under high setting and add pork shoulder, garlic, onion, jalapeno, and enough chicken stock to come up half way on the pork. Let sit in crockpot at high for about 1 hour.
- Place crockpot at low setting and let cook for about 6-8 hours. (Perfect for a workday).
- Drain the chicken stock and add pork back into crockpot. Shred pork and add cumin, brown sugar, taco sauce, and cola. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Let sit for at least 30 minutes.
- Serve on toasted buns with a slice of tomato.