If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Fool is a traditional British dessert of pureed fruit, whipped cream and Greek yogurt. This one has a bit of a kick from my favorite summer after dinner drink. - cheese1227 —cheese1227
Food52 Review: I have always been a fool for fools, particularly those that have a bit of tartness to them, specifically Gooseberry Fool. Other fruit fools tend to be a bit on the sweet side and therefore not quite as satisfying. So what makes this Strawberry Limoncello Fool a winner is that the sweetness of the strawberries is counterbalanced not only with the slight bitterness of the limoncello but also with the delicate sourness of the Greek yogurt. That made it a winner in our house! - Veronica —The Editors
quart fresh strawberries
cup confectioner’s sugar
cup limoncello that has been stored in the freezer so it is very cold
tablespoon fresh lemon juice
cup heavy whipping cream
cup Greek yogurt
Candied lemon peel for garnish
- Put a large metal mixing bowl and your electric mixer beaters into the freezer.
- Pull out four of the prettiest strawberries and set them aside. Finely dice 3/4 cup of strawberries and set them aside.
- Take the remaining strawberries and place them, the confectioner’s sugar, the limoncello and lemon juice in a food processor and pulse until you have a puree. Store the puree in the fridge.
- Using your very cold bowl and beaters, whip the cream until stiff. Add the yogurt and beat until the mixture thickens. Fold in the puree and the diced strawberries into the cream mixture and divide it among four serving dishes. Refrigerate up to an hour.
- Just before serving, garnish with the reserved, pretty strawberries and candied lemon peel.