Author Notes: We love figs and use them very often from the beginning of the season until the very end. I love Frangipane as well and thought the two would go nicely together; I was right! —ChezUs
teaspoons almond extract
tablespoons unsalted butter, organic
eggs, organic, cage free
your favorite pate sable
pint of figs, cut in half
- I use a Dorie Greenspan recipe for the Pate Sable, using a rectangle tart pan and following her instructions for baking. Preheat oven to 375.
- In a food processor combine the almonds and sugar, pulse until coarse. With the processor running, add the butter one tablespoon at a time.
- Add the extract and the eggs with the food processor on until mixed.
- Pour into a pre-baked tart pan and smooth the top. Lay the cut figs in the pattern of your choice, on top of the Frangipane.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool before removing the tart from the baking pan.
- Serve. Eat.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fruit Tart