If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Healthy chips & dip? Could it be possible? Of course it can. Homemade sweet potato chips and roasted garlic cilantro hummus are a perfect pairing. —Rachel Haas
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 15 ounces can of garbanzo beans
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 3 tablespoons raw honey
- 2 small sweet potatoes
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400'F
- Take the 3 cloves of garlic & wrap them in tin foil by simply placing them in the middle and pushing the sides up. Pinch to close. Roast them in the oven for 15 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Wash the sweet potatoes under cold water. Using a knife or a mandolin slicer, slice the sweet potato into very thin rounds, approxiametly 1/8 of an inch. Once all of the chips are sliced, place them into a large bowl. Mix them with the oil and Cajun seasoning until they are evenly coated.
- Lay the slices on to a parchment lined sheet tray in a single layer. Do not overlap the chips as they will bake unevenly. Bake them in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes. You have to flip half way through the cooking process. Be sure to watch the chips so that they do not burn.
- While the chips are baking, you can begin making the hummus. Wash your can of garbanzo beans until completely clean of the soapy liquid. Place them in a food processor with the roasted garlic, pepper, salt, cumin, cilantro, raw honey, & water. Process until smooth and creamy. You may need to scrap the sides of the bowl with a spatula. Scoop the hummus out into an air tight container and place it in the fridge.
- Once the chips are done, allow them to cool. If you plan on saving this snack for later, do not cover them in a container. They will get soggy. You can put them in a brown paper bag.
- Serve the hummus cold next to your delicious Cajun chips! You will be surprised how flavorful this snack truly is!