If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This cracker has a little zing and pairs nicely with a soft cheese course, like my Ricotta, Chevre and Mint Layers with Balsamic Strawberries. —mrslarkin
Makes 1 1/2 - 2 dozen
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, or half a/p and half whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt or kosher salt
- 2 - 3 teaspoons fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, slightly softened, cut into 1/2" chunks
- a glass of ice water
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine flour, salt, pepper, zest and sugar. Process for 30 seconds.
- Add butter and process for 30 seconds or until butter is the size of small peas.
- While processor is running, add 1 tablespoon of ice water through the feed tube. Add more ice water until a dough ball forms. I usually use about 2 tablespoons of ice water.
- Have a 12" long piece of plastic wrap laid out on your counter.
- Remove dough from processor and place on plastic wrap.
- With floured fingers, gently roll dough into a 6" log and wrap in plastic.
- Freeze log for about a half hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degres F. Line one large sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Remove log from freezer. With a sharp knife, cut into 1/8" to 1/4" slices. Place on prepared sheet pan.
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes, or until bottoms are nicely browned. I flip my crackers for the last three minutes or so, ensuring they are uniformly brown on both sides.
- Let cool completely.