If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This Crockpot Italian Chicken and Peppers is a healthy and delicious dinner that's super easy and customizable. It's gluten free, low calorie and has a Paleo option too. A weeknight dinner recipe the whole family will love! —Megan Olson
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 orange bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 12 ounces chicken breast
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 24 ounces jar marinara sauce
- Layer bell peppers and chicken breasts in the crockpot with some on the bottom and some on top then add seasonings, salt and pepper and marinara sauce.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours.
- Once it's cooked, break apart the chicken with a tongs. It will shred easily after cooking this long in the sauce.
- Serve over rice or lettuce and top with parmesan as desired.