If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Easy and delicious chocolatey version of Disney World Epcot Norway's popular dessert and topped with a raspberry and strawberry sauce. —Karrie / Tasty Ever After
- for the rice dream:
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Basmati white rice (can substitute regular white rice)
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2/3 cup chocolate hazelnut spread
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- for the raspberry/strawberry sauce:
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen strawberries
- 3 tablespoons sugar (I used demerara sugar)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- To make the rice dream: In a medium saucepan, bring 1½ cups of water to a boil. Add the rice and salt, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook the rice for 15 minutes or until all of the water has been absorbed. Stir in the milk and simmer on low heat for 20-25 minutes or until all of the milk has been absorbed and the rice mixture is creamy. Stir in the chocolate hazelnut spread and transfer to a bowl. Set aside and let cool. In a medium bowl, combine the cream with the sugar and vanilla and whip the mixture with a hand or stand up mixer until cream has stiffened. Using a rubber spatula, fold the whipped cream mixture into the rice, mixing until thoroughly all is combined.
- To make the raspberry/strawberry sauce: In a small saucepan, combine both fruits, sugar, and lemon juice. Place over medium-low heat, cook for about 10 minutes, then smash the fruit pieces with a masher or the back of a spoon. Continue to cook for another 5-10 minutes, or until mixture thickens. Can strain mixture to remove the seeds, if desired.
- To serve: Divide rice mixture among 6 individual bowls, spoon desired amount of the raspberry/strawberry sauce on top of each one, cover with plastic wrap, and store in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days.