If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
cups leek (about 1 leek)
tablespoons sunflower oil
cups raw pumpkin seeds
cups good chicken or vegetable stock
Salt and pepper
Pumpkin seeds and pumpkin seed oil for decoration
- Cut off the root of the leek and trim dark green part, slice lengthwise and then cut crosswise into 1 inch long pieces. Wash the leeks with cold water, scoop them out with a sieve.
- Heat 3 tbsp of the oil and sauté leeks until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add pumpkin seeds and stock, season with salt and pepper.
- Let boil for 20-25 minutes. Cool slightly, play safe and process in the blender, you have to work in batches. Remove centre piece on the lid but keep cover with a tea towel so the steam can escape.
- Adjust thickness of the soup; you will probably need more liquid.
- Reheat and serve with pumpkin seeds and pumpkin seed oil.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Savory (Winter) Squash Recipe