If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This chicken is juicy, flavorful, and just delicious! —mtlabor
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- One 1-inch piece ginger root, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 to 4 boneless and skinless chicken thighs, cut into strips
- In a large plastic zipper bag, combine all ingredients, except the chicken. When you get a nice orange-pinkish color, you know it's mixed well. I like to close the bag and just mush everything together—not the most conventional way, but it works and it's rustic.
- Add the chicken, push all air from bag, seal it up, and roll tight. Rolling the bag up in the end is good because it allows the marinade to penetrate the chicken easier my minimizing the surface area. Set it in fridge overnight.
- Heat a charcoal grill over medium high heat.
- Evenly distribute the chicken thighs between several skewers (pre-soak them for at least 1 hour in warm water if using bamboo skewers). Grill for about 4 to 5 minutes per side. Remember you're using chicken thighs here, so they'll be pretty tender and juicy.