Author Notes: Cajun spiced chicken and andouille sausage pasta tossed in a creamy, garlicky Parmesan white wine cream sauce. —Erika Turk
For the pasta
boneless, skinless chicken breasts
links Andouille sausage, cut into medallions
tablespoons olive oil
tablespoon cajun seasoning
For the sauce
tablespoons unsalted butter
cloves garlic, finely minced
cups dry white wine
cup heavy cream
cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
salt and pepper, to taste
In This Recipe
- Coat chicken in 1 tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle evenly with Cajun seasoning.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook chicken over medium high heat for 5-6 minutes per side, or until cooked through. Set aside.
- In the same pan, cook Andouille sausage medallions until browned, stirring frequently. Set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In the same skillet you used to cook the meat, melt 2 tablespoons unsalted butter over medium heat.
- Add finely minced garlic and cook until fragrant but not browned.
- Add white wine and cook until reduced by half, about 10 minutes.
- Add heavy cream, Parmigiano-Reggiano, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until well combined and cheese is melted.
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces add into sauce with cooked sausage medallions.
- Toss pasta with sauce and meat mixture.
- Optional: serve topped with more fresh grated Parmigiano-Reggiano and finely chopped fresh parsley.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Parmesan