If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Cajun spiced chicken and andouille sausage pasta tossed in a creamy, garlicky Parmesan white wine cream sauce. —Erika Turk
For the pasta
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 links Andouille sausage, cut into medallions
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 8 ounces fettuccine
For the sauce
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1.5 cups dry white wine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Coat chicken in 1 tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle evenly with Cajun seasoning.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook chicken over medium high heat for 5-6 minutes per side, or until cooked through. Set aside.
- In the same pan, cook Andouille sausage medallions until browned, stirring frequently. Set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In the same skillet you used to cook the meat, melt 2 tablespoons unsalted butter over medium heat.
- Add finely minced garlic and cook until fragrant but not browned.
- Add white wine and cook until reduced by half, about 10 minutes.
- Add heavy cream, Parmigiano-Reggiano, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until well combined and cheese is melted.
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces add into sauce with cooked sausage medallions.
- Toss pasta with sauce and meat mixture.
- Optional: serve topped with more fresh grated Parmigiano-Reggiano and finely chopped fresh parsley.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Parmesan