If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Deliciously curative. Use more or less jalapeno for bite. —mdm
- 1 onion
- 2-3 jalapeños
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 8 (or so) carrots
- 1 white potato
- 1 lemon
- 1 piece shaved ginger (inch or less)
- 1 (or so) tablespoons minced cilantro
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups veggie broth/water
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- splashes olive oil
- Sauté chopped onion in bit of olive oil, about 5 minutes.
- Add chopped jalapeño (seeds removed) and minced garlic, couple of minutes.
- Add chopped carrots, white potato and shaved ginger. Cook for about 5 minutes with a bit of water added.
- Add veggie broth and water, in whatever proportion you like. I usually add around 2 cups of broth to 3 cups of water. Liquid should just cover the vegetables. Boil and skim off the foam.
- Add curry powder, cumin, cinnamon, salt. Cover and simmer around 45 minutes. Adjust about of liquid as needed.
- Let it cool a bit then puree with yogurt.
- Put it back on the stove and heat, adding juice of one lemon and minced cilantro. To garnish, add a dollop of yogurt and a sprig of cilantro.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spicy Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for The Recipe You Want To Be Remembered For