If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A friend gave me this recipe, and I added the pesto. These crackers are cheesy and crumbly. They're great with a cheese platter and a bottle of wine. They are quick and easy to make and can be made ahead of time. —Leith Devine
tablespoons cold butter, cut in chunks
cup parmesan cheese, grated
teaspoon cayenne pepper
egg yolk, beaten
tablespoons dried basil
- Put the flour and butter in a bowl and beat with a mixer until blended.
- Add parmesan cheese, salt and cayenne pepper and beat until blended.
- Add beaten egg yolk to water and add to the flour mixture. Beat until mixture forms into a ball.
- Remove and knead slightly. Flatten out and add the pesto. Knead the dough so the pesto is combined.
- Roll the dough out into a thick log. Flatten out the sides and the sides and the ends so they are square.
- On a piece of parchment paper, sprinkle dried basil. Roll the log in the basil until covered. Place in the freezer to harden for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Remove dough from freezer. Cut into 1/4 inch slices and place on a silpat or parchment paper. Bake for 15 minutes. Let cool before eating. Store in a airtight container.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Parmesan