If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Pillowy soft gnocchi with chunks of Italian sausage, toothsome kale and sweet chewy sun-dried tomato. Dinner in minutes.
—garlic and zest
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound sweet or spicy Italian sausage, casings removed
- 8 ounces button mushrooms, quartered
- 1 onion, peeled, and thinly sliced vertically from root to tip
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes in oil, sliced
- 4 cups chopped kale, tough stems removed
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked gnocchi (from this site) or use packaged gnocchi (also great over pasta) Reserve water that you cooked gnocchi or pasta in.
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- In a large skillet or dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the mushrooms and onion and cook, stirring occasionally until vegetables have softened and take on a little color. Transfer the vegetables to a bowl.
- Add the sausage to the pan and break apart with a wooden spoon or large fork. Cook, stirring occasionally until sausage is browned.
- Add vegetables back to the skillet and stir in the wine to deglaze the pan, scraping up any browned bits. Cook until wine is reduced by half. Add the chicken broth and sun dried tomatoes and cook until the broth reduces by half, about 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in the kale and add a ladle of hot gnocchi water (or pasta water). Cook for 1-2 minutes until kale is just wilted. If the dish seems dry, you can add another ladle of water.
- Stir in the parmesan cheese and serve over hot gnocchi or pasta with extra parmesan for garnish.