If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This sweet potato spread cooks up in under an hour. Great on toast, pancakes or a waffle. —Liz | inspired by the seasons
Makes 2 cups
- 4 cups Peeled Sweet Potatoes cut into 2" chunks
- 1 cup Apple Cider
- 3 teaspoons Fresh Ginger
- 1 tablespoon Molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg
- Add apple cider, sweet potatoes and ginger to a medium sized saucepan. Cover and cook at a simmer for 25-30 minutes until sweet potatoes are very tender.
- Remove pan from heat and blend until smooth with a stick blender or transfer to blender. Return to heat and stir in nutmeg and molasses.
- Cook an additional 15 minutes uncovered at a low simmer. Stir frequently until mixture resembles a thick paste and sticks to a spoon when inverted. Remove from heat, let cool to room temperature and transfer to a lidded glass container. Can be stored in the refrigerator up to one month.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for When You Want It to Feel Like Fall