If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This summer soup is so easy and so refreshing. Just chop everything up, chill it, and garnish with fresh mint! A nice course to include in a meal full of spicy foods. —clintonhillbilly
- 1 cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 jalapeño, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced or crushed
- 1-2 spring onions or scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- juice of 2 limes
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt or sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 cup ice water or cold broth
- 2 slices wheat bread, crusts removed
- tablespoons salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- Combine all ingredients except mint and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Pour into bowls or martini glasses and garnish with 1 tablespoon fresh chopped mint per glass full of soup.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cucumber Recipe