If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: As you can imagine, Easter treats are huge in Italy! And because I wanted to stick to this delicious Italian tradition, I created a recipe for Paleo Easter Egg Cookies together with a quick video that shows you how to make them.
Check out my blog
You should really be in Italy at this time of the year: Chocolate Easter eggs are ubiquitous, chocolate shaped rabbits and hens are in every store, and all of the bakeries and pastry shops fill their windows with amazing sweet and savory treats, from Colomba to Torta Pasqualina.
There’s really something for everybody: while Italian kids start collecting dozens of chocolate Easter eggs the 2 weeks before Easter, lining them all down on top of the kitchen cabinets, adults go crazy over “Colomba”, a soft, spongy cake shaped like a dove, and scattered with candied orange peel and caramelized almonds.
All of these treats are of course delicious (and in the past, I admit, I had my fair share of them), but from a health standpoint they are not that recommendable :(
For this reason, together with my mom, I created a great recipe to make Paleo Easter Egg Cookies and in this short video I show you guys how to make them.
They of course have no gluten nor grains and they are dairy and sugar free as well. And the presentation… well, that speaks for itself!I hope you guys enjoyed these Italian easter egg cookies and I can’t wait to see your own version of this recipe!
And if you can’t make it in time to bake these cookies for Easter, simply give them a different shape and enjoy this delicious and healthy treat whenever you want!
Have a wonderful and happy Easter and I will catch you next week!!
PS: For more gluten, sugar and dairy free Italian desserts, check out my EBook “Healthy Italian Desserts Made Simple“, where you can access over 75 recipes never released before, together with a useful guide on how to detox from sugar!
Paleo Easter Egg Cookie Recipe
- 130 grams Cassava Flour
- 130 grams Potato Starch
- 1 pinch Stevia
- 4 pieces Yolks
- 80 grams Coconut Oil
- 70 grams Coconut Milk
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 2 tablespoons Fruit Liquor
For the Decorations
- 2 tablespoons home made Peach Jam
- 1 tablespoon Sugar Decorations
- Preheat the oven to 350 F
- Combine al the dry ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Add in all the wet ingredients and knead wel
- Roll down the dough on a wooden surface with a rolling pin until 1/4 of an inch thick
- With an egg shaped cookie cutter cut out your Easter Egg Cookies.
- Decorate the cookies by spreading a think layer of jam over their surface and place some sugar decorations on top.
- Bake the cookies for about 25 minutes (depending on your oven) and let them cool down completely before serving.
- Enjoy your Easter Egg Cookies and have a wonderful Easter!!