If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a wonderful summer salad made straight from the garden. It is both light and lavishingly rich tasting with an exciting and zesty combination of individual flavors that delight the taste buds. Quick & easy to make, low calorie, and goes well with any meat or poultry dish. —Doc Bruce
Serves 4 - 6
Grilling the Zuccini
- 5 small zuccini and/or summer squash
- 4 tblsp extra virgin olive oil
- garlic powder
- sea salt
- Slice the squash on the diagonal into 3/8" pieces (diagonal so they are larger and won't fall through the grill)
- paint each side of sliced squash with olive oil then sprinkle with garlic powder and sea salt
- place squash on a hot charcoal grill and grill 3 to 5 minutes per side (until cooked but not squishy).
- remove from grill and set aside to cool.
The Salad Dressing
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 tsp sweetener (I use splenda)
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 cup fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 1/4 cup fresh sweet basil (chopped)
- dash of black pepper
- Add all the salad dressing ingredients together in a large salad bowl and mix well with a fork.
- Slice into bite size pieces: 3 medium-size fresh cucumbers (leave skins on). One medium red onion. One green or red bell pepper. Eight strawberries. Three fresh cayanne peppers (optional).
- Put sliced raw veggies into the bowl with the salad dressing and toss.
- Cut the grilled squash you set aside earlier into bite-size pieces and add them to the rest of the salad. Toss until all the veggies are mixed.
- Serve immediately.