If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I decided to make these Homemade Crackers, which are full of flavor and nutrition. These are great for little ones and grown-ups too. A great alternative to store bought crackers. In the following recipe, I have used wheat flour as a base for the crackers, along with some organic all purpose flour. These are flavored with fresh oregano leaves and roasted cumin seeds. —Jen Pinkston
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 cup Organic All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Oregano leaves chopped
- 1 teaspoon Vegetable Oil
- 2 teaspoons Roasted Cumin
- 2 teaspoons Black Sesame Seeds
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- pinches Baking Soda
- dashes Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Water as needed
- Start by adding all the ingredients in a food processor, except water and oil. Pulse the dry ingredients and spices well.
- Start adding oil and water, knead it into a dough.
- Cover this dough with a plastic wrap, and keep it aside at room temperature for 20 to 30 mins.
- Preheat oven to 350*F. After 30 minutes, knead the dough again with hand and cut approximately inch balls. Roll these into a thin sheet with a rolling pin. Make sure they are not extremely thin.
- With a cookie cutter or pizza cutter, cut small shapes. Place them on a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicon sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- Keep a close eye on these since small cracker pieces will cook faster.
- Once baked, transfer them to a cooling rack.
- Serve with fruits or savory dip.
More Great Recipes: