If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This Korean Lettuce Salad is a wonderfully delicious side dish to any grilled meats – especially unseasoned grilled meats. The salty, vinegary and slightly sweet chili flavors really help break up any greasy taste of meats while still highlighting the meaty flavor. —JinJoo Lee
- 1 bunch red leaf letutce
- 6-8 pieces perilla leaves
- 2 sprigs chrysanthemum leaves (Korean ssukat - optional)
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder (preferably korean)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- Wash and rinse the greens (lettuce, perilla, chrysanthemum leaves). Drain. You can either tear the lettuce and chrysanthemum leaves by hand into bite size pieces or serve whole leaves (as shown in photo).
- Cut perilla leaves into 1/3 in wide strips
- Make soy dressing and toss greens immediately before serving.