Author Notes: I absolutely adore eating these kind of simple recipes with no guilt at all. It's high in protein (if you choose to use yogurt), and the whole dish is perfectly warming on a cold day, or give it time to cool down - it's a good summer snack/dessert. —Gabriella Gricius
splash Lime Juice
tablespoons Raw Honey
- Slice/Core peaches into slices
- Warm your pan of choice with butter and honey – I used a fairly low heat so make sure the honey didn’t burn.
- Place the peaches in your pan and thoroughly coat them with the butter and honey mixture
- Pour in a dash… or more of your wine wine, and toss on whatever toppings are your favorite. My personal favorites are nutmeg, cinnamon and some lime juice for a sassy splash – THEN: Turn down the heat and simmer, covering the top of the pan to insure you get those flavors.
- While that’s slowly simmering, preheat your oven to around 200C and whip up whatever sweet creamy yogurt you have. My strategy for this meal was to be somewhat healthy, so I used Fage 0% Yogurt and whipped it into a delicious center of my plate. Obviously the option to just having heavy whipping cream or even better… ice cream is open to you.
- After 7-8 minutes of simmer, throw the peaches and the pan into the oven for 10ish minutes
- Take out the peaches let them cool, but only for a little bit – because that mixture of sweet creamy goodness and warm soul-warming heaven can only last for a brief moment.