If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I'm obsessed with really good cinnamon rolls, but there are so many more things that make a good, swirly bun—like lemon curd! You can use your favorite recipe or a store-bought jar—either way it will turn out amazing: buttery, soft, and oh-so lemony. —Erin McDowell
Makes 10 big fatty rolls
- 2 tablespoons soft unsalted butter
- 2 pounds Sweet Dough (https://food52.com/recipes/50496-sweet-dough)
- 1 1/2 cups Lemon Curd, divided (I used: https://food52.com/recipes/22935-lemon-curd)
- confectioners' sugar, as needed
- Grease a large casserole or 9- by 13-inch baking dish generously with the butter. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough into a large rectangle about 1/2-inch thick (about 20 by 12 inches, but thickness is more important than size).
- Dollop 1 1/4 cups lemon curd all over the dough, and use an offset spatula to spread it into an even layer. Spread the curd all the way to the edges.
- Begin to roll the dough into a tight spiral lengthwise. Use your thumbs to prop the dough off the work surface and use your fingers to keep the roll tight while you work. Don’t panic if some of the curd oozes out.
- If the dough feels too soft, you can refrigerate for awhile before you cut, if it feels okay, then go ahead and cut. Use a sharp knife to cut the roll into 10 even pieces (about 2 inches wide).
- Transfer the rolls to the prepared baking dish—leave at least 1/4-inch of space between each one. Cover the rolls with greased plastic wrap and let rise until nearly double in size, 35 to 45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375° F. Remove the plastic wrap from the buns and dollop a few teaspoons of the remaining lemon curd on each one.
- Bake until the rolls are evenly golden brown, 25-30 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes, then sprinkle generously with confectioners' sugar and serve warm.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!