If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: With melted chocolate, espresso powder Heath chips, toasted almonds and a finishing glaze, Mocha Almond Brickles have it all!
—garlic and zest
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 1 cup brickle chips
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons half and half or milk
- Preheat the oven to 375°. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking soda and salt, whisk together and set aside.
- Place the chocolate in a small microwaveable bowl and microwave in 10-20 second increments, stirring after each until chocolate is melted. Add the espresso powder and stir to combine. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the butter, sugar and brown sugar and mix with an electric mixer until creamy, 1-2 minutes. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until well combined. Add the chocolate mixture and beat until thoroughly combined, about 1 minute. Stir in the brickle chips.
- Scoop dough into rounded teaspoons and drop about 2 inches apart on the prepared cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes until done. Remove from oven and cool on cookie sheet for 3-5 minutes, then transfer cookies to a cooling rack to cool completely. Continue with the rest of the cookie dough.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine the powdered sugar and half and half, stirring until smooth.
- When the cookies have cooled to room temperature, drizzle the glaze over them and let stand until glaze hardens. Store in an airtight container.