Author Notes: I have always liked the idea of cheese courses and I am one to order a cheese course when offered. This one I use as a dessert but is also good for breakfast or maybe with some arugula as a light lunch. I have been wanting to try burrata for a long time and low and behold I am finally getting the chance. If you don't know burrata it is fresh mozzarella wrapped around fresh mozz curd and cream. My Cheese lady, who I was lucky enough to teach as a student in culinary school, told me it is mozzarella crack and I can do nothing but agree. Everything in this recipe compliments each other and brings forward all the flavors of each ingredient. - thirschfeld —thirschfeld
Food52 Review: If you can get your hands on burrata, do try this recipe... it's so simple, yet so superbly delicious. The oozy burrata with the sweet berries, the slightly acidic balsamic and the spicy fresh pepper are a great combination... highly recommended! - WinnieAB —The Editors
- 3/4 pound burrata
- 1 handful of mixed berries, I used black raspberries, blureberries, strawberries, raspberries and currants
- light flavored honey
- good quality balsamic vinegar
- fresh ground black pepper
- Carefully slice the burrata into 4 pieces. It is delicate so use care.
- Drizzle honey over and around the cheese, about a teaspoon per serving.
- Top with fruit and then drizzle with balsamic. Grind fresh ground pepper over the top and serve.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Mozzarella