If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Quick & easy!
*If you do not have a good quality white wine, substitute with cooking wine.
* If you do not have peppercorn, substitute with black pepper
*Try adding sautéed mushrooms to kick it up a notch! —Rosalind De Innocentiis
- 1/2 pound large shrimp
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon peppercorn, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1.5 tablespoons parsley, fresh
- 1/2 cup white wine, good quality
- 1/2 lemon, sliced
- juice from 1/2 a lemon
- Remove shells from shrimp, devein, rinse and butterfly.
- Mix flour, dried parsley, pepper, & salt in small bowl.
- In another small bowl, beat egg and add shrimp to coat.
- One by one, coat each shrimp with flour mixture.
- Melt 1 T butter in a medium skillet over medium heat and sauté shallots and garlic for 3 minutes.
- Add and melt 2 T butter to shallots and garlic in pan, reduce to low heat, add shrimp and lightly sauté until golden.
- Remove and set aside.
- Add white wine and fresh parsley to pan, scraping bits from the bottom of pan and stirring for 2 minutes.
- Return shrimp to pan, add lemon juice, turning each shrimp to coat with sauce and top with lemon slices.
- Cover pan.
- Turn occasionally and remove after 3-5 minutes.