Author Notes: I developed this when I was eliminating grains from my diet. It really makes you feel as though you are having a piece of lasagna, or chicken parm. —caf925
cup Favorite Marinara sauce
piece of fresh mozzarella.
torn basil leaves
- Lightly oil a portobello mushroom with extra virgin olive oil. Grill or pan fry until softened just a bit.
- Place the mushroom in a baking dish, that has been sprayed with an oil product.
- Top the grilled mushroom with about 1/2 c of your favorite marinara sauce
- Top with a piece of fresh mozzarella
- Bake at 350* until the mushroom looks soft and the mozzarella has melted and browned just a bit. About 8-10 minutes
- Top with torn basil
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Mozzarella