If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Perfect for late season, juice-dripping tomatoes! —Marie Viljoen
- 2-3 beautiful tomatoes, cubed
- 1 cup yesterday's baguette, torn into pieces
- 1/4 cup basil, torn
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon good vinegar, your favourite
- 3 tablespoons EV olive oil
- salt and fresh black pepper
- Put the pieces of bread in the bottom of the bowl you'll serve the salad in.
- Add the tomato.
- Sprinkle over vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Add olive oil.
- Sprinkle over torn basil leaves.
- Cover and leave to develop some serious juiciness for about an hour.