If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I remember the first time I came across a recipe for broccoli pesto. As a mom with a house full of broccoli-lovers, I thought it was a great concept. So I developed my own broccoli pesto and combined it with another of our family favorites--flatbread--for a meal we all go crazy for. —sjpoff
Serves 4-6 (6 if they are kids)
- 1 pound prepared pizza dough, preferably whole wheat
- 4 cups frozen broccoli
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- Position oven rack to lowest position and preheat to 425 degrees. Coat a large baking sheet well with oil or cooking spray.
- Cook broccoli in about 1" of boiling water until tender. Drain and cool slightly.
- Place broccoli in a food processor or blender with olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, and salt. Pulse until it is the consistency of pesto.
- Spread dough onto baking sheet. Spread broccoli pesto over the dough and top with mushrooms. Layer mozzarella cheese slices over it and finish off with Parmesan.
- Bake until the bottom is crispy and the cheese is starting to bubble, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Mozzarella