If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: First knack at trying out crab cakes proved to be tasty, but there's always room for improvement! —mtlabor
- 1 & 1/2 pounds crab meat (I used King Crab)
- 1 small onion, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 eggs
- 1 & 1/2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a large stockpot, bring half a pot full of salted water to a boil. Add crab leg(s). Boil for about 5-7 minutes, or until leg(s) is cooked and bright red.
- Remove meat from shell and set aside to cool.
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients except olive oil and crab meat. Add crab meat and pulse processor a few times, but be careful not to over-process the crab meat.
- Form into patties (I made 4 huge ones as a main course, but this could easily be 8-10 appetizer portions). Place on parchment paper lined baking sheet and put in fridge for about 20-30 minutes so patties can "solidify".
- Heat olive oil in large skillet under medium high heat. In batches of 4 (if doing smaller portions) or 2 (if doing large portions), cook each patty for about 4-7 minutes, depending on size, or until well browned. Serve with tarter sauce and enjoy!