If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I only started eating pesto 2 years ago when I got pregnant. So I tried it with everything. Pizza has always been a favorite in our home. My husband puts bacon on EVERYTHING so naturally bacon was added. Mozzarella is my cheese of choice.....which I partly blame for my weight gain while pregnant.My son now eats it plain as a snack!I This pizza is great as a appetizer or paired with your favorite salad! —calmama08
Prep your pizza ingredients
strips hickory smoked bacon
medium sized italian sausages
cups fresh mozzarella cheese
clove of garlic/crushed
medium size white onion/chopped
- cook bacon until almost done, drain grease, chop and set aside. Wipe out excessive grease from pan
- remove sausages from casings, tear of small chunks and throw in heated pan used for cooking bacon.
- place onion in pan with sausage until soft and sausage is no longer pink, drain fat. set aside with bacon
- grate mozzarella
balls of fresh pizza dough
jar of 365 Everyday pesto sauce
jar sliced and drained black olives
- *fresh pizza dough can typically be found at your local natural food store. Roll out each ball on a lightly floured surface. pinch edges to form your crust
- generously spread pesto sauce onto dough, leaving room on the outside for the pizza crust
- divide mozzarella in half, spread onto each pizza
- half bacon and sausage, sprinkle on individual pizzas
- spread crushed garlic, onion and black olives over pizzas
- place in pre-heated oven for 12- 17 minutes depending on pizza size. Remove when cheese is melted and crust is golden brown!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Mozzarella