Author Notes: Who can forget these eggs once they've seen the movie? This isn't haute cuisine and hardly needs a recipe. It's about feeling good. It's so simple that we need to be reminded that its good. —Marie Viljoen
pieces good white bread
tablespoons sweet butter
- Cut egg-size holes in your bread.
- Gently heat a skillet and melt the butter, but don't burn!
- Add the bread.
- Crack the eggs into the holes you've made.
- Turn once the whites have become opaque
- Serve as soon as the other side has set.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Brunch Eggs