If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A simple and delicious healthy chocolate shortbread recipe, without any need for baking! —Paleo With Mrs P
- 100 grams Ground Almonds (1 cup)
- 100 grams Dried Coconut (1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons Cashew Nut Butter
- 1 tablespoon Sweetener
- 1 pinch Sea Salt
- 100 grams Chocolate (100% cacao)
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 1 tablespoon Raw Honey
- In to a food processor place ground almonds, dried coconut, cashew butter, sweetener and salt and blend until a bound consistency has formed (about 1-2 mins)
- In to a silicon mould or a greased dish press down the mixture to form a flat base. I like to keep mine about ½-3/4 an inch thick, but you can have it as thin / thick as you want!
- Place in the freezer for about 30 minutes until solid
- In to a glass bowl over a pan of boiling water melt your chocolate and coconut oil together, then add in your sweetener and stir in until fully dissolved (you can taste test to see if you're happy with the sweetness)
- Now pour directly on to the shortbread base and place in freezer for about an hour until set
- Remove from the freezer and allow to stand for about 15-20 minutes before using a sharp knife to cut squares
- Keep in a sealed container in the fridge