If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The most incredibly moreish double chocolate fudge aubergine brownies. The aubergine is an amazing butter substitute and keeps the brownies moist and creamy. The consistency is thick and indulgent. Quite possibly my most proud recipe yet! —Paleo With Mrs P
- 240 grams Eggplant / Aubergine
- 80 grams Coconut Oil
- 200 grams Chocolate (85% +)
- 100 grams Coconut Sugar
- 40 grams Ground Almonds
- 40 grams Cacao Powder
- 2 Eggs, large
- 0.5 teaspoons Baking Powder
- Pre-heat oven to 180° c
- In to a pan place chopped and skinned aubergine and cover with water
- Bring to boil and then simmer until soft (about 5 minutes)
- Drain water (Don't worry that they've shrunk!)
- Immediately place chopped chocolate and coconut oil in to pan with aubergine and allow to melt, keep mixing (it should all melt in very quickly)
- Once you have a melted aubergine / chocolate combo transfer to food processor / blender and blend until smooth
- Add in all the other dry ingredients and blend until fully combined, now add in eggs and continue to pulse until fully mixed
- Transfer to a brownie tin (greased) and bake on 180°c for 20-25 minutes until fully set and the top slightly cracking
- Using a tooth pick place in to brownie and if it comes out mostly clean then it's ready (don't worry if it comes out a little chocolaty as these are VERY fudgy!)
- Allow to cool and then transfer to a sealed tin / tub. You do not have to keep them in the fridge.
- You can cut them in to 12 large squares or 16 smaller ones