If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Aubergine or eggplant tends to absorb a lot of oil. Coating the slices in a thin batter prevents this and turns them creamy inside the crispy outer layer. This is the Bengali's favorite way to eat eggplant. —The Minimalist Indian
- 16 slices of eggplant, 0.5 cm/0.2 inches thick
- 4-5 tablespoons all-purpose flour or rice flour (for gluten-free)
- salt to taste
- oil for deep-frying
- Whisk the flour with enough water to make a runny batter. Season with salt.
- Heat oil until shimmering.
- Dip eggplant slices in the batter until well coated. Slide carefully into the oil.
- Fry until golden brown. Drain on kitchen paper and serve hot.