Author Notes: I love cherries and I was looking for an easy and wonderful cake recipe using cherries and I made it. It's like a regular cake, with regular ingredients but I use cake flour and fresh cherries, and my imagination. —normiux
cups fresh cherries, pitted and broken in half
cups Pillsbury Softasilk flour
teaspoons baking powder
cup granulated sugar
cup unsalted butter (melted and cooled)
teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Butter an 8 1/2" x 4 1/2" loaf pan with unsalted butter. Set aside.
- Take half of the cherries (to be placed on cake durin baking).
- In a bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside. In a separate bowl with electric mixer, beat the eggs and sugar until thick. Add the melted butter, milk, vanilla and beat until moistened. Pour half of the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Add cherries and put the remaining part of the batter.
- Bake for 15 minutes then remove from oven and arrange the remaning cherries on top of cake inserting the remaining cherries into the cake batter. Return the cake to the oven and bake for a further 30 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted into the cake portion comes out clean.
- I love to serve warm or at room temprature with a little of powder sugar sprinkled over it or a little cream cheese frosting on top.
- CREAM CHEESE FROSTING: 1PKG (8oz) soft cream cheese, 1 cup white o bown sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla (Stirr gradually sugar into cream cheese and mix in the vanilla. Seal and cool in refrigerator until the frosting sets - about 20 mins).
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Cherries