Author Notes: Salmon and potato pudding recipe from Sweden, which I originally got from Magnus Nilsson's Nordic Cookbook and then modified as I saw fit. —David White
ounces smoked salmon, in slices
boiled red potatoes, cut into 1/4 inch slices
cups heavy cream
salt and pepper to taste
bunch chopped dill
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- In an 8x8 dish, layer the potatoes and salmon so that the bottom and top layers are potato. Top each layer with pepper, dill, and a small amount of salt if desired.
- Mix the eggs and cream together, season with salt and pepper, and cover the potatoes and fish, making sure everything is completely covered. Top with dill.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the pudding has set and has turned a golden yellow.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Favorite Way to Eat Eggs for Dinner