If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Amaranth works very well in this recipe, party because they have a slight bitterness to them when cooked, which works beautifully with the creaminess of the still slightly runny eggs.
Very quick to rustle up and makes for a great simple meal with a side of crusty bread.
—Kirthana | Theblurrylime
- 200 grams amaranth leaves (or spinach)
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 200 C / 395 F.
- Pluck out the thin tender stalks of the amaranth along with the leaves. Rinse them well and pat dry with a kitchen towel.
- Lay out the wilted spinach around the sides of 2 ramekins or a small baking dish. Make a small well in the centre and crack in the eggs. Bake for 12 – 15 minutes depending on how you’d like your eggs. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately with crusty bread.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Favorite Way to Eat Eggs for Dinner