If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Adapted from recipe by Katherine Younger of "Kath Eats Real Food" —cnevertz
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces (about 5 1/2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (about 3 cloves)
- 1 teaspoon curry powder or garam masala
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cups low-fat milk
- 1 can (3.5 ounces) low-fat coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups kale cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup dark seedless raisins
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup salted peanuts
- 1/4 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- In microwavable bowl, cook sweet potatoes in microwave until tender, about 5 to 7 minutes; cool.
- With fork or potato masher, mash potatoes to make chunky puree; set aside.
- In large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; add, garlic, curry powder, black and red peppers; cook and stir until fragrant, about 20 seconds.
- Stir in milk, coconut milk, salt and prepared sweet potatoes.
- Stir in kale; reduce heat to low; simmer until kale is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in raisins and vanilla. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- To serve, sprinkle with peanuts and coconut.