If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I am a huge fan of salads and while my husband doesn't hate them, he typically scoffs at the idea of a salad for dinner. So if I'm going to serve one up on a busy weeknight I like to ensure it packs a lot of powerful protein to keep us both happy and satisfied. This salad has been created in my kitchen before with a myriad of ingredient combinations but I'm especially happy with how this round turned out. The ingredients don't really have a set amount that you need, just go with what fits in your bowl! —onetinyspark
- 2 handfuls argula & spinach mix
- 1 bunch green beans
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1 hard boiled egg
- 1 rib-eye or your favorite cut of meat
- 1/2 cup green lentils
- 1 handful baby red potatoes, halved
- 4 sliced kalamata olives
- 2-3 cups sliced radishes
- 2 chunks of blue cheese
- 2 dollops of pesto (I used ramp pesto)
- olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- Prepare some of your ingredients ahead of time if you can. Simmer the lentils in water for roughly 20 minutes and drain. Blanch the green beans. Hard boil the egg. Make pesto if you need to, or use what you have in the fridge. Cut the asparagus ends and set to the side to be sautéed later.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and place a cast iron pan in the oven. On a sheet pan, arrange the halved potatoes, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place the potatoes in the oven and cook for roughly 25-20 minutes.
- While the potatoes are cooking, season the steak with salt and pepper. Take the cast iron from the oven and place over medium heat; drizzle with olive oil. Sear the steak on both sides for 2 minutes each. Then place in the oven for an additional 4 minutes.
- Once the steak is done, cover it in foil and let it rest for 10 minutes. Using the same cast iron, quickly sauté the asparagus with a little extra olive oil, salt, and pepper. Cover. 5 minutes should be enough.
- Take the potatoes from the oven and divide them between two bowls. Add the lentils, spinach, arugula, green beans, radishes, Kalamata olives, egg, asparagus, and blue cheese.
- Slice the steak, bistro style, and place on the salad.
- Finally, add the pesto and if you need it, a drizzle of your favorite vinaigrette.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Favorite Way to Eat Eggs for Dinner