If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: How do you love these photos? Personally, these are some of my favorites… these little, crunchy pastries are just too cute!
Not only do they make for the perfect healthy gluten free recipe, they are also grain free and dairy free as well and therefore are the perfect paleo dessert!!
As you might have noticed if you follow my blog, I am a huge fan of cassava and tigernut flour. They are definitely the best grain free flours to bake with and they are a huge relief for those with grain allergies as they are perfect to replace traditional flour.
If you are not familiar with cassava, this is a product that comes from “yuca”, a tuber original from South America. After the starchy part is separated and used to produce “tapioca”, the cassava pulp is dried and then ground into a powder.
You can find different kinds of cassava flour on the market: the very fine one sold by “Otto’s“, which is perfect for cakes and baked goods that need to rise; or the more coarse type sold by “Yoki” which is great for hard cookies as it adds a very nice crunchy taste. —Ambra Torelli
- 160 grams Cassava Flour (replaceable with rice flour)
- 40 grams Tigernut Flour (replaceable with almond meal)
- 45 grams Coconut Oil (melted)
- 40 grams Coconut Milk
- 40 grams Orange Juice (freshly squeezed)
- 20 grams Sweet Dessert Wine (like Moscato)
- 3 pieces Dried Apricots, chopped
- 15 grams Candied Orange Zest (finely chopped)
- 1 pinch Cinnamon
For the chocolate drizzle:
- 20 grams 100% Dark Chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Add in all wet ingredients and knead well with your hands.
- To create the dome shaped pastries, you can either use a small ladle or a circular tablespoon measurer.
More Great Recipes: Cookies