If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Eggs, asparagus and Parmesan are simply meant to be together.
Crispify a whole wheat tortilla, then top it with freshly grated Parmesan cheese, crisp-tender asparagus (sautéed in extra virgin olive oil with spicy red pepper flakes), a perfectly poached egg, sliced scallions, salt, and fresh ground black pepper. Ready in less than 15 minutes. —Elizabeth Schneider
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 heaping cups asparagus; woody ends snapped off, chopped into 2-inch pieces
- Red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1 8-inch whole wheat tortilla
- 1/2 heaping cups Parmesan cheese; freshly grated
- 1 poached egg
- 1 tablespoon scallions; sliced
- Salt, to taste
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Saute asparagus for 4 minutes or until barely crisp-tender.
- Add red pepper flakes and saute another minute.
- Remove asparagus and as much oil and red pepper flakes from the pan as possible. Set aside. (No need to wipe the little bit of remaining oil out of the pan, it will help the tortilla get crispy.)
- Place the tortilla in the same pan and cook on one side for 2 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Flip tortilla, then top evenly with Parmesan and the cooked asparagus mixture.
- Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the tortilla is golden brown and slightly crispy.
- Top with the poached egg and scallions, then season with salt and black pepper.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Favorite Way to Eat Eggs for Dinner